Continuous Motion Case & Tray Packer
Innovative Loading with Ultimate Product ControlThe innovative Axiom™ ARC loader provides product containment across transfer points making it a great solution for unstable products. The Axiom ARC manages large size ranges and flexible, odd-shaped packages while controlling product through the entire load cycle. Servo functions reliably and accurately pack cartons, bottles, cans, jars, jugs and more using innovative infeed technology and high speed case loading methods with precise product control.
- Speeds up to 110 cases or trays per minute
- Pre-load case forming allows the cases to support the product while loading
- ARC loader provides maximum product containment
- Simpler loader mechanism than a barrel cam load design
- Gentle servo driven product handling
- Continuous motion case squaring and sealing produces squared cases at high speeds
- Precise flap gluing, folding and continuous motion compression – no flight chain camming
- Tool-less changeovers
- Walk-in frame design
High Speed Case Setup – Pre-load setup allows the case or tray to support the product while loading. Douglas ARC Loader – With fewer parts and its overhead design, the ARC loader offers better access and faster changeover than a barrel cam design. Also, product can be contained on all four sides while being loaded. Flap Folding and Compression – More accurate glue application and consistent glue compression with flap folding from the sides of the machine than systems with cammed chain flights.
A variety of advanced infeed solutions are offered to optimize performance for specific product types while maintaining gentle product handling to ensure highest package integrity. Some commonly used systems include: Servo Lane Mergers and Dividers – Perfect for applications where any shape or sized product cannot be flood or mass fed. A fixed number of products are smoothly fed to metering systems, where balanced product lanes are required. Recirculating Conveyors – A complete recirculating loop system that controls product population and reduces line pressure as products are distributed into lanes.
Fast, repeatable changeover feature offers multiple enhancements. Changeover time – significantly reduces time to less than 5 minutes (time of changeover is dependent on extent of changeover) Repeatability – rail positions are recipe-driven and locked in place to within +/- 1/32″ Flexibility – ability to place lanes where desired as opposed to centerline or fixed side adjustments and more customer options for generating product-specific recipes Durability – infeed rail’s holding force can withstand high product pressure Ergonomics – minimizing manual adjustments maximizes efficiency and promotes safety in the work environment
Eliminates soft bottle bridging and removes gaps to ensure pack pattern accuracy and continuous product flow.
- Modulated conveyor speeds control product surge and aid product flow
- Tool-less clamps and pinned lane guide adjustments for stable operation and quick, accurate changeovers
- Single clamp design at each cross member quickly locks in multiple lanes
Slipstream High Speed Pinless Metering allows stable product to run smoothly at maximum speeds. Slipstream Speed Stabilized Pinless Metering allows for smoother transitions and front/rear capture bars accommodate unstable product.
- Slip sheet methodology and servo technology combine to gently meter bottled, cartoned, canned and other products in appropriate pack patterns without the use of tampers or escapement pins
- Faster handling than traditional metering with tool-less changeovers
- HMI control panel increases productivity
- Appropriate metering is determined based on speeds and product stability
Contact Douglas Machine for detailed specifications.
The Axiom™ ARC servo technology delivers smooth, harmonious performance during case loading, while maintaining accurate product control with a wide variety of pack patterns.