Continuous Motion Wraparound Case and Case/Tray Packer
High-Speed Direct Load Case and Tray PackingThe OPTX WA/WT series continuous motion wraparound case and case/tray packers deliver consistency in performance, lower operating costs and optimize package quality for high-production operations. Inline, direct load simplicity, efficiency and flow with increased accessibility. A combination of durability and smart design optimizes control of products and the forming and sealing of cases and trays. The design features durable performance and long-life flap folding and compression tooling incorporating hardened double-pitch chain components to minimize stretch and wear.
- OPTX WA for wraparound case packing.
- OPTX WT for both case and tray packing.
- Speeds up to 80 packs/minute.
- Wraparound cases run narrow-side leading, flaps leading and trailing, minimizing the number of infeed lanes.
- Trays run wide-side leading using conventional end-slotted trays and are oriented for downstream shrink wrapping.
- Positive product control – front containment option controls grouping of tippy products. Product hold-down option stabilizes light products during case forming.
- Compression design provides long-life durability, adjustability and seal performance.
- Simplified compression block design utilizes hardened chain components, no bushings or cam tracks.
- Top panel control prevents drag-back and positively aligns panel and score lines to improve case squaring.
- Reciprocating case and tray feeder efficiently manages size range.
- Simplified product metering system improves access and reduces maintenance by eliminating chains and more.
- Seamless merging and loading provides precise control of both product and corrugated materials.
- Front containment option controls grouping of tippy products.
- Product hold-down option stabilizes light product during case forming.
- Intuitive operation physically registers leading edge of product groups and controls group separation from incoming flow.
- Recipe setting of product group length and controlled separation.
- Dual overhead pin bars register and release product groups of round products.
- A simple change to straight bars and recipe control of a variable position transfer point positively meters groups of cartons, bundles and square-cornered containers.
- Changeover is simplified with open access to two registration bars, unobstructed lane guide adjustments, and recipe selection.
Fast, repeatable changeover feature offers multiple enhancements.
- Changeover time – significantly reduces time to less than 5 minutes (time of changeover is dependent on extent of changeover)
- Repeatability – rail positions are recipe-driven and locked in place to within +/- 1/32″
- Flexibility – ability to place lanes where desired as opposed to centerline or fixed side adjustments and more customer options for generating product-specific recipes
- Durability – infeed rail’s holding force can withstand high product pressure
- Ergonomics – minimizing manual adjustments maximizes efficiency and promotes safety in the work environment
- Mass flow or individual lane infeed solutions to suit round and square shaped products.
- Smartrak infeeds optimize product flow, controlling product surge and lane population. Its tool-less and pinned lane adjustment method provides stable operation and quick, accurate changeovers.
- Optional SmartSelect provides automated lane position changeover. Infinite adjustment positions capable of being set for mass flow or laned products.
- Product optimized lane guide design and vibratory options address product bridging/binding.
- Double-pitch heavy duty #60 chain and hardened chain components
- Design offsets the effects of chain stretch, compensating for wear and maintaining quality case compression
Wide-side leading tray orientation simplifies delivery to downstream shrink wrapping, if applicable.
|Speeds:||Up to 80 packs/minute|
|Case/Tray Types:||OPTX WA: Wraparound cases
OPTX WT: Wraparound cases and trays
|Case/Tray Size Range:||OPTX WA or WT: Wraparound cases
|Tray Size Range:||OPTX WT: Trays
|Frame/Finish:||Powder-coated cold rolled bar stock, sheet, and tubular steel DuPont 616 gray metallic, Washdown options available|
|Magazine Capacity:||10′ (3 m)|
|Glue System:||Nordson ProBlue® Flex|
|Adjustments:||HMI selectable recipes, automatic position actuators, threaded screws, hand wheels and hand knobs with position pointers and numberic scales|
|Guarding:||Category 3 guarding Full length 1/2″ (12.7 mm) acrylic guard doors (main machine) and clear polycarbonate|
|Electrical:||Rockwell Automation (AB) programmable logic controller, servo and AC drives, and PanelView+ HMI Washdown options available|
|Power:||480V, 50/60HZ, 3PH, second 480V drop for glue unit|
|Air:||90 PSI (6.2 bar)|
OPTX WA/WT provides horizontal load packages for wraparound cases and trays in a variety of configurations.