Axiom ARC (Continuous Motion)
The innovative Axiom ARC loader provides product containment across transfer points making it a great solution for unstable products. The Axiom ARC manages large size ranges and flexible, odd shaped packages while controlling product through the entire load cycle.
Servo functions reliably and accurately pack cartons, bottles, cans, jars, and jugs using innovative infeed technology and high speed case loading methods with precise product control.
Axiom ARC Features
- ARC loader providing maximum product containment
- Gentle product handling – servo driven
- Large size range
- Speeds up to 80 cases or trays per minute
- Tool-less changeovers
- Walk-in frame design
- Continuous motion glue compression
- Simpler loader mechanism than a barrel cam load design
- Pre-load case forming allow the cases to support the product while loading
- Precise flap gluing, folding and compression – no flight chain camming
- High speed case setup – Pre-load setup allows the case or tray to support the product while loading.
- Douglas’ ARC loader – With fewer parts and its overhead design, the ARC loader offers better access and faster changeover than a barrel cam design. Also, product can be contained on all four sides while being loaded.
- Flap folding and compression, from the sides of the machine, results in more accurate glue application and more consistent glue compression than systems with cammed chain flights.
A variety of advanced infeed solutions are offered to optimize performance for specific product types while maintaining gentle product handling to ensure highest package integrity. Some commonly used systems include:
Servo Lane Mergers and Dividers – Perfect for applications where any shape or sized product cannot be flood or mass fed. A fixed number of products are smoothly fed to metering systems, where balanced product lanes are required.
Recirculating Conveyors – A complete recirculating loop system that controls product population, reduces line pressure as products are distributed into lanes.
Fast, repeatable changeover feature offers multiple enhancements.
Repeatability – rail positions are recipe-driven and locked in place to within +/- 1/32″
Flexibility – ability to place lanes where desired as opposed to centerline or fixed side adjustments and more customer options for generating product-specific recipes
Durability – infeed rail’s holding force can withstand high product pressure
Ergonomics – minimizing manual adjustments maximizes efficiency and promotes safety in the work environment
Slipstream™ HS / Slipstream™ SS – pinless metering using slip sheet methodology and servo technology to gently meter bottled, cartoned, canned and other products in appropriate pack-patterns without the use of tampers or escapement pins. Remarkable stability control allows for faster handling than traditional metering methods. Tool free changeovers and the intuitive HMI control panel also increase productivity. The appropriate technology is determined based on speeds and your product. Slipstream SS offers more stability as product moves faster, especially with unstable product or odd size/shaped packaging
Smartrak II – Mass flow infeed design eliminates soft bottle bridging and removes gaps to ensure pack-pattern accuracy and continuous product flow. Distinguishing features include modulated speed control programming for surge pressure relief at the choke point, single solid adjustment cross-members, tool less clamps and pinned lane guide adjustment positions for stable operation and quick, accurate changeovers. By eliminating many mechanical changeover adjustments and replacing them with a one clamp design, changeovers are seamless and fast.
Contact Douglas Machine for detailed specifications.
The Axiom ARC servo technology delivers smooth, harmonious performance during case loading, while maintaining accurate product control with a wide variety of pack patterns.
All new packaging equipment manufactured and supplied by Douglas Machine Inc. is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the time period specified below. The warranty period commences from the date the equipment is shipped from our facility.
- Base Frame: Lifetime
- Douglas Standard Components: 3 years
- Buyer Specified Components: 1 year
Some limitations and restrictions apply.
For complete information, contact Douglas Machine Inc.
Axiom™ ARC & DL Case/Tray Packers
Other Product Literature
Douglas Corporate Capabilities
Axiom IM Case/Tray Packers
Invex IM Case Packers & Loaders
TriVex® SL & SLi Case/Tray Packers
TriVex® RL & RLi Case/Tray Packers
Contour Shrink Wrap Systems
VS Shrink Wrappers