Compact and Efficient, Cartoning Done Right
Built to the exacting standards of Douglas Machine, the Vectra™ platform offers a continuous motion servo controlled cartoner capable of efficient operation in a variety of applications. The open design allows for generous accessibility to setup and load areas while providing easy and efficient cleaning for sanitary applications.
All servo driven technology ensures absolute product control in all machine phases from infeed to discharge. Each motion is precisely designed for your application, resulting in greater throughput, less waste and higher production efficiency.
- Speeds up to 300 cartons per minute
- Compact machine design minimizes required floor space while maximizing the value delivered
- Variety of infeed solutions, each infeed system is designed specifically for your application
- Removable carton forming guide ensures consistent carton picks resulting in quick and predictable changeovers
- Automated overhead adjustment and minimal change parts results in faster changeover
- Cycle stop compression ensures proper carton sealing during a production stoppage
- Tucked tab cartons are sealed using a servo driven orbital motion for tuck preparation, insertion and locking function
- Capable of efficient carton sealing using glue, tucked tab or a combination of both
- Hygienic frame design offers a robust mounting structure that is easily cleaned and eliminates the use of tubing
- Full height guard package provides safe operating conditions while maximizing visibility
during operation and accessibility during changeover
- Future upgrades are available
Fast, repeatable changeover feature offers multiple enhancements.
Repeatability – rail positions are recipe-driven and locked in place to within +/- 1/32″
Flexibility – ability to place lanes where desired as opposed to centerline or fixed side adjustments and more customer options for generating product-specific recipes
Durability – infeed rail’s holding force can withstand high product pressure
Ergonomics – minimizing manual adjustments maximizes efficiency and promotes safety in the work environment
|Drive:||Allen Bradley Servo Motors|
|Pitch:||6″, 9″ and 12″ pitch configurations standard (contact Douglas for larger pitch requirements)|
|Flight Chains:||#60 series chain|
|Speed:||Up to 300 cartons per minute (product and pack pattern dependent)|
|Carton Size Range:||Min: 4.5″ x 1.25″ x 5.5″
Max: 10.5″ x 4.25″ x 12″
*Direction of Travel x Vertical x Across Machine
|Magazine Capacity:||6 ft. standard, optional up to 12 ft.|
|Frame:||Hygienic frame eliminates the use of tubing and is available in cold-rolled steel or stainless steel, standard, light or heavy wash-down applications|
|Adjustments:||HMI recipe control of servo motions and glue. Threaded screws and other
tool-less adjustments with digital set-points.
|Glue System:||Nordson ProBlue® or per project specification|
|Flap Closing and Compression:||Servo driven flight chain utilizes a combination of stainless steel guides and static rails for accurate and consistent flap closure|
|Guarding:||Full length polycarbonate with extruded anodized aluminum frames|
|Electrical:||Allen Bradley GuardLogix motion and logic controller
Allen Bradley PanelView
NEMA 12 wiring and enclosures
NEMA 4 or 4X wiring and enclosures (optional)
|Finish:||Cold-rolled steel frames are epoxy powder coated in gray metallic. All parts in contact with product are stainless steel, hard-coat anodized aluminum or plastic. Original Equipment Manufacturer parts are manufacturer’s standard finish. Light and heavy wash-down construction optional.|
|Installation Requirements:||Power : One main drop and one glue drop
480 VAC, 50/60HZ, 3PH
Other power sources available
The Vectra™ easily accommodates varied size ranges and pack patterns for frozen goods in bags or trays, chilled and dry goods food applications.
All new packaging equipment manufactured and supplied by Douglas Machine Inc. is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the time period specified below. The warranty period commences from the date the equipment is shipped from our facility.
- Base Frame: Lifetime
- Douglas Standard Components: 3 years
- Buyer Specified Components: 1 year
Some limitations and restrictions apply.
For complete information, contact Douglas Machine Inc.
Other Product Literature
Douglas Corporate Capabilities
Axiom Case Packers & Sealers
Invex IM Case Packers & Loaders
TriVex® SL & SLi Case/Tray Packers
TriVex® RL & RLi Case/Tray Packers
Contour 30/60 Shrink Wrap Systems
Contour 80/105/150 Shrink Wrap Systems
VS Shrink Wrappers
Vantra IM Cartoner
Stratum Robotic Palletizing Systems